COVID-19 Health & Hygiene Protocols
Enhanced Care for Your Health & Safety
updated May 2021
The health and well-being of our guests and employees is of the utmost importance. We want to assure our valued guests that our team is closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it continues to evolve. We are following the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health department for updates as well as following their recommendations on appropriate health and safety measures.
We take cleanliness and sanitization very seriously. We have well-established hygiene standards and additional daily cleaning procedures to address both general cleanliness and disinfection. Additionally, it is our standard practice to provide ongoing guidance to our hotel staff to promote safety and well-being through awareness, training and the use of everyday preventative practices.
To combat the spread of COVID-19, we utilise a government recommended disinfectant to sanitise throughout all high-traffic areas including entryways, door knobs and handles, the front desk and all public areas, as well as on all guest-contact surfaces and as part of the in-room cleaning and sanitisation processes and procedures. This is a government tested and product certified to combat the coronavirus and other viral, fungal and bio hazard threats.
With new Health and Safety Government Guidelines in place, please make note of the following:
- Hotel Guests that arrive at the entrance of the Resort will be asked to provide a Federal/State Government issued ID for verification as well as to sanitise their hands.
- A face mask covering the mouth and nose is mandatory. We work on a “No mask – No service” basis.
- A temperature check will also be conducted at the entrance for all Hotel Guests.
This is for the safety of our Employees and Hotel Guests
HOTEL & RESORT COVID-19 SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
Our hotel has a COVID-19 response plan and trained point of contact (team leader) in case of a suspected outbreak with guest or staff.
All supervisors and managers are trained in the response plan and chain of command of response plan.
EMPLOYEE & GUEST PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Employee and guests will wear face masks at all times, excluding within their guest room.
- We are implementing measures to ensure physical distancing of at least six feet between employees and others.
- All areas where employees and guests queue will be clearly marked with floor markings and signage as to where to stand.
- Employees will not open the doors of cars or taxis.
- Guest room service, laundry and dry-cleaning services and amenity deliveries will be made available using contactless pick-up and delivery protocols.
- Physical distancing protocols will be used in employee break areas, uniform change areas, training classrooms, shared office spaces, and other high-density areas in order to ensure appropriate distancing between employees.
- Employees are required to avoid handshakes and similar greetings that break physical distance.
EMPLOYEE & GUEST HEALTH – ENHANCED PROTOCOLS
- Communicate Protocols Extensively. Reservation agents are trained to direct guests to our website to review safety information. The confirmation email/letter sent to guests will include details regarding COVID related health and safety protocols as well as impacted current hotel service parameters and notices. When checking in, the guest will receive a letter explaining mask usage, public areas cleaning, guests room amenities, available food service options, etc.
- Physical Distancing. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Restaurant table layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible. All resort outlets will comply with, or exceed, local mandated occupancy limits. Guests are encouraged to use cashless transactions wherever feasible.
- Hand Sanitiser. Hand sanitiser dispensers, touch-less whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobbies and restaurant entrances.
- Guest Area Signage. There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property.
- Employee & Guest Health Concerns. Our employees have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health authorities.
- Hand Washing. Correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. Employees will be instructed to wash their hands, or use sanitiser when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- Wearing Masks. All employees and guests will need to wear masks.
- COVID-19 Training. All employees have received training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation procedures with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to governmental or health regulations and guidance.
Cleaning & Sanitising Protocol
- Guest room and bathrooms will be electrostatic sprayer sanitised between reservations.
- Housekeeping carts and equipment will be sanitised at the start and end of each shift.
- Guest linen will be delivered and removed from guest rooms in single use sealed bags.
- Pillow protectors on the guest room beds are to be changed daily.
- House phones, in unsupervised/controlled areas, will be removed.
- Room doors are ‘sealed’ with a notice affixed to the door stating that clean rooms are not to be entered between guests and after disinfection and cleaning process has been completed.
- All reusable collateral will be removed from rooms.
- Disposable collateral will be disposed and changed after each guest.
- Extra pillows and blankets stored in the guest room closets will be removed and available upon guest request.
- All guest amenities will be single user – individually packaged.
Specific sanitation consideration will be paid to the following guest room areas:
- Desks, counter tops, tables and chairs
- Phones, tablets and remotes
- Cabinetry, pulls and hardware
- Doors and doorknobs
- Bathroom vanities and accessories
- Bathroom fixtures and hardware
- Windows, mirrors and frames
- Lights and lighting controls
- Closets, hangers and other amenities
Cleaning & Sanitising Protocol
- All guest touch points will be sanitised after each transaction including credit card devices, pens and registration countertops. Room keys will be sanitised before stocking.
- Bell carts and related equipment will be sanitised after each use.
- Valet/car service and personal laundry services are temporarily not available.
Physical Distancing Protocol
- Plexiglas has been installed at the front desk between employees and guests.
- Stanchions and tables will provide appropriate six-foot intervals.
- Workstations will be six feet apart.
- Bellman will provide guidance to arriving and departing guests to ensure physical distancing measures are followed.
- Guests will be directed to stand on marked spaces while waiting to check in or out to maintain six feet separation.
- Guest entry doors will remain closed to minimise guest contact.
- Guests will be asked to wear masks while in public spaces.
Cleaning & Sanitising
- All doors, handles and high contact surfaces will be sanitised regularly.
- Room Service will set food on tables outside the guest room and server will notify guest when the table is outside of the guest’s room (plate covers remain) – guests retrieve their own table.
- We will request that guests notify In Room Dining when finished with their meal and place their trolley / tray outside of their room.
- Room service attendant will wear disposable gloves for r/s pickup
- Printed In Room Dining menus will be removed from rooms (menus posted on line).
- Minibars product will be removed and service suspended until further notice. Some items will be available through Room Service and the refrigerator will be available for regular use. It will be sanitised between guests.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE RESTAURANT SERVICES
Cleaning and Sanitising
- Host Podiums including all associated equipment will be sanitised at least once per hour.
- Service stations, service carts, beverage stations, counters, handrails and trays will be sanitised at least once per hour.
- Dining tables, bar tops, stools and chairs will be sanitised after each use.
- Condiments will be served in single use p/c containers.
- Menus will be online , single use and/or disposable.
- Check presenters, pens and all other reusable guest contact items will be either sanitised after each use or single us.
- Placemats will be sanitised after each use.
- Trays(all types) will be sanitised after each use.
- Food preparation stations will be sanitised at least once per hour.
- Storage containers will be sanitised before and after each use.
- Kitchens will be deep cleaned and sanitised at least once per day.
- Food and beverage items being prepared will be transferred to other employees using contactless methods (leaving on expediting tables and trays).
Physical Distancing Protocol
- Hostesses and managers will manage physical distancing at entries, waiting areas and queues (in addition to signage and marking the floors).
- Peak period queuing procedures will be implemented when guests are not able to be immediately seated.
- Tables and booths will be utilised with appropriate physical distancing between each seated table or family/traveling party (six feet or as otherwise advised by local authorities).
- Bar stool count will be reduced to provide appropriate physical distancing.
Cleaning & Sanitising
- All shared equipment and meeting amenities will be sanitised before and after each use, or be single use if not able to be sanitised.
- All linen, including underlays, will be replaced after each use.
- Clean and soiled linens will be transported in sealed single use plastic bags into and out of the meeting rooms.
- All buffet and self-serve style events will be suspended until further notice.
- Room configurations will be adjusted to allow for physical distancing between guests.
- All food and beverage items will be individually plated and served.
- Coffee and other break items will be attended and served by a server.
- Flatware will be provided as a roll-up.
- Condiments will be served in individual pieces or sanitised individual containers.
- Individual bottled water will be provided in lieu of water carafes on meeting tables and water stations.
- Modified menus will be created to showcase styles of service and items currently available.